Delete Hotmail account: Hotmail.com is one of the world popular and most widely used free email service owned by Microsoft. Millions of people use Hotmail as their primary email address even today. Hotmail got many transformations from the day it evolved. Initially, in the year 1996, Hotmail was started. Hotmail is styled as HoTMaiL, here you can see HTML is highlighted in Hotmail. After a year, Microsoft acquired it for $400 million in 1997. Microsoft initially reformed it as MSN Hotmail. After few years, again Microsoft renamed it as, Windows Live Hotmail. Hotmail got its last update in the year 2011. In 2013, taking one step forward, Hotmail reformed and redesigned as Outlook. A Fresh new domain. Even if you visit hotmail.com you will be taken to outlook.com
Create Hot mail Account Here: Hotmail Sign Up
www.Hotmail.com has many silent features, which makes it worth using. Hotmail is referred as one of the world’s first free email service. Here are few notable features of Hotmail,
- unlimited storage
- a calendar
- contacts management,
- integration with OneDrive, Office Online and Skype
Even after these many changes, people still use Hotmail. Thousands of people sign up for Hotmail each day. Apparently, Hotmail is highly secured and one of the best free email service providers.
Currently, Gmail is leading free email service provider, and it has many excellent features compared to other free email service providers. As per the reports, every internet user owns at least one Gmail address. Sadly, many people are looking forward to deleting their Hotmail accounts and switch to others. In case if you are also looking to delete Hotmail account, do follow the below steps.
Delete Hotmail Account
- In order to delete your Hotmail account, first of all, visit hotmail.com
- you’ll be taken to a page, where you have to enter your Hotmail login credentials and login to your account.
- After logging into your Hotmail account, go to More mail settings option.
- It will take you to a page where you will see options to do perform tasks. you can change your account password right there. You’ll see plenty of options on that page. Since you are looking to delete your Hotmail account, you can choose Account details option.
- In Account details page, at the bottom, you can see the option “Close account”. click on it
- Close Account option will take you to a page, where you have to choose a pre-fixed reason why you want to delete Hotmail account, and then you have to enter your password, in order to delete your Hotmail account.
- After entering your password, your account will be deactivated in few hours.
Warning: Deleting your Hotmail account will cause in data loss. The data which you have in your Hotmail account will be lost, and the data synced in oneDrive and other Microsoft products will also be lost. Hence be careful, and double check before you delete your Hotmail account.
As per the Hotmail policies, Microsoft holds your email address for 270 days after you close your email address. No new users can register that email address within 270 days after closing the account.
If you have any questions, ask below. We will help you to fix the issue.