Unsurprisingly, Samsung bounced back in the market and unveiled its all new smartphones – Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ with exciting features. The Samsung Galaxy S8 will be available in India for Rs 57,900 onwards and Samsung Galaxy S8+ for Rs 64,900. In terms of price, these models compete for head-on with Apple’s iPhone and other leading smartphones.
The electronics giant Samsung is the world’s largest smartphones maker with 21.2 per cent market share in 2016. As per the research firm IDC, the firm led the market with 24.8 per cent at the end of the December 2016.
With a great effort and idea to do something different, Samsung invested its time and money to bring brand new models into the industry and also to make people forget about the flaws and blasts of their recent product – Samsung Note 7. The smartphones made headlines across the globe after their batteries started exploding due to few reasons.
But, after taking a look at the new phones – S8 and S8+, the first word that comes to mind is “WOW”! These smartphones are stunning to look at and hold as they are totally different and refreshing. In fact, these are best Android phones one can buy right now.
Features and specifications of Samsung S8 and S8+
- These two phones sport ‘Infinity Display’, which is something new to boast.
- The Samsung Galaxy S8 will have a 5.8 inch screens and S8+ will have 6.2 inch display. Instead of the physical phone button, they are built with invisible home button.
- Both the devices come with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on both the front and back offering a premium finish.
- The Samsung Galaxy S8 measures 148.9*68.1*8mm and weighs 155 grams. On the other hand, Galaxy S8+ measures 159.5*73.4*8.1mm and weighs 173 grams.
- The phones are made with 12 megapixel dual pixel technology with OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation) with f/1.7 aperture and an 8 megapixel autofocus sensor at the front with f/1.7 aperture.
- Also, Samsung’s Bixby virtual assistant made its debut with these smartphones.
- Users can transform their smartphone into a full desktop-like experience with these models as it is coupled with Samsung DeX.
- The S8 comes with 3,000 mAh battery while S8+ has a 3,500 mAh cell.
- They are integrated with fingerprint scanner, Iris scanner, Samsung Pay and Samsung Knox.
- The smartphones use USB Type-C ports for wired charging and data transfer including a standard 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- A set of AKG-branded wire headphones will be handed over with these models.
- The S8 will be available in Midnight Black and Maple Gold variants while the S8+ will be available in Coral Blue, Maple Gold and Midnight Black options.
- The phones are updated with brand sound ‘Over the Horizon’ and ringtones with new UX.
- On top of all these, the smartphones feature the first 10nm
- They features a 1.9 GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 8895 processor paired with 4GB of RAM and will be available with 64GB storage on board along with 256 GB expandable memory.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Price In India
- Galaxy s8 is Priced at 57,900
- Samsung Galaxy s8+ is priced at 64,000