Uninstall A Program / Software On Windows 10: Today, we live in a world where any kind of task is just a tap away. And the credit goes to the development of technology. When Smartphones and apps came into the picture, they changed the world for sure. The computers play a prominent role in these modern days and their programs help a ton for their users in solving the issues.
And when we discuss about the programs and software on computers, Uninstalling them is one of the most common tasks. In case, if you have recently installed the Windows 10, then you must be facing a bunch of issues and we totally get it. In such case, it is important for you to know every detail of the app or program. There is nothing to worry as the Windows 10 is also very easy to use just like Windows 8.
So, we have come up with detailed notes as how to uninstall a program on Windows 10. Here is the detailed list of step by step procedure for the same. Note that you can uninstall an app or a program on Windows 10 in two different ways – Start menu and with the help of new settings app.
Uninstall A Program / Software On Windows 10
Uninstall a Software in Windows 10 Using Start Menu
Here is the procedure using ‘Start Menu’. Read on :
- At first, open the start menu
- Then, click ‘Settings’.
- On the Settings menu, click System
- Now, from the left pane, pick Apps and features
- With this, a list of all installed applications will appear on the right pane.
- From the list of installed apps, select the app you are willing to uninstall.
- Then the ‘ Uninstall ‘ button appears.
- Click the ‘ Uninstall ‘ button.
- In case, if the app is grayed out, then it is a system app you cannot delete it.
- Then, go for the Uninstall pop-up button and then click it for confirmation.
Uninstall A Program trough Settings Option
Another easy method to uninstall the app you want to delete is through the ‘Settings’ option. If you want more information such as when was the particular program was installed and other details, then you should prefer this method. Just follow the procedure.
- Go to the ‘Start’ and then to Settings
- Now prefer System and then Apps and features
- With this, a complete list of desktop programs and store apps will appear
- The listed will be sorted according to the app size.
- Now, pick the ‘Sort by’ size drop down menu and select ‘Sort by’ name.
- Now, pick the program or an app from the list of the apps for uninstalling.
- Otherwise, you can also type the app you want to remove in the search box.
- After selecting the program, hit the Uninstall button that appears.
- Then a pop-up will appear saying that the program and its data will be removed. Select Uninstall again.
- And you have successfully uninstalled the app.
The above mentioned procedures are the best ways to Uninstall an app or program on the most – preferred platform Window 10.